Quantcast

Friday, September 25, 2009

Meet Our New Horses

Aren't they cute?

These two are "injured" and Taylor has been taking extra special care of them. Notice the leg contraption that both of them have? These horses were once loved so much by a little girl that she asked her mommy to sew a special saddle to fix her horses broken legs. Now it's my little girl's (and boy's) turn to love them just as much.
My kids are in love with these horses and are happily playing with them right now as I write this. I LOVE that. I love the fact that they are finding happiness with a simple toy and are finding all sorts of ways to be imaginative with them. In the mere 18 hours since I brought these horses home they have been taken on walks throughout the house, groomed for about an hour, fed, watered, put down to sleep.

I love the fact that they have nothing to do with Disney or Princesses or Backyardigans or any other licensed character. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about Cinderella fluttering around the room because her Prince has rescued her. Or seeing Tyrone Escape From Fairytale Village.

I love the fact that these horses remind me of my childhood. My cousin Holly loved horses and was actually lucky enough to have a few of her own in the Whittier Hills. I remember going to her house and seeing shelves lined with these horses and just thinking "WOW".

And I would be lying if I said that I didn't love the fact that I got 6 horses and a stable for $30 at an Estate Sale I went to yesterday! It was such a rush to find these horses after waiting in line in the blazing 95 degree sun for over 30 minutes to enter the sale. When we first walked in all I saw was a sea of antiques and initially I got discouraged, but as Syd and I walked deeper into the house we found the little girl's room. There were boxes and boxes of these horses and people were passing them up to look at Beanie Babies! Really people, Beanie Babies?!?!? That's okay, more for me! The sale goes through Sunday so I think I'm going to go back and see if they have any final price cuts and maybe get a few more.

1 comment:

  1. What a great find. I love that your little ones are giving them another chance at life :-) Please tell the kids thanks for sharing their new horses with Jack and Ben today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...